Ursuline College is excited to announce that the construction of two new campus buildings, the Center for the Creative and Healing Arts and Sciences and the athletic center, is on schedule to be completed and dedicated on June 10, 2015. This project is the College’s largest undertaking in more than 40 years.
The Center for the Creative and Healing Arts and Sciences will house the Art Therapy and Counseling Department and The Breen School of Nursing’s undergraduate and graduate programs. The building is comprised of 22,000 square feet of classrooms, labs, and conference and meeting space equipped with the latest educational technology.
The new athletic center is a $10 million facility constructed to accommodate the needs of Ursuline’s 1,500 students and host the College’s 11 NCAA Division II athletic programs. The new athletic center replaces the O’Brien Athletic Center, destroyed by a tornado in July of 2013.
Dauby Lab Renovation:
- Renovation is nearing completion.
- Lab casework has been delivered.
- Labs will be complete for basic science classes for the spring 2015 semester.
Center for the Creative and Healing Arts and Sciences:
- A beam-signing ceremony was held on Monday, October 6, 2014. A small beam was used, which allowed us to conduct the ceremony in the Mullen Commuter Lounge.
- The second floor concrete slab was poured on Tuesday, October 14, 2014.
- The first floor concrete slab was poured on Friday, October 24, 2014.
- Third floor steel erection is underway.
- The third floor concrete slab pour is scheduled for November 14, 2014.
- Dry-in is scheduled for late December.
- Substantial completion is scheduled for May 15, 2015.
- Beam signing is scheduled for Tuesday, November 18, 2014 at 11:00 AM.
- First concrete pour of the first floor, except the gym, was completed on Friday, October 10, 2014.
- Erection of the steel structure for the gym is underway.
- The roof should be completed by November 14, 2014.
- Masonry block for the locker room, office portion of the building, and fitness center is underway.
- Dry-in is scheduled for mid-January 2015.
- Substantial completion is scheduled for May 26, 2015.